Jul 5, 2011

REFLECTIONS

Peace and Love,


I just recently went to my family reunion. It was refreshing and has me reflecting on my life on another level.

Over the past 5 to 7 years, I knew I had a special childhood that most people I meet didn't experience. And that is just from having two parents in my household who loved each other, respected each other and to this day still married 50 years...Most men I met and women didn't have a clue what this was like and it made it so much more difficult to have relationships, with the opposite sex because most had not seen a functional working marriage and been around it all their lives..And I look at most of my aunts and uncles who are still married 45 plus years....

Also I call myself a city-country girl. I grew up in Chicago but in the summers we were off to Mississippi to visit my grandparents on the land we still have today; Went fishing, horseback riding and helped garden and farm. This was just a regular part of my life..And now I realize how much I cherish those memories...Most of my friends have never experienced doing those things with family if they grew up in a big city...

I am also happy my oldest daughter got to visit our land down south and see what I was talking about all these years and to rub her feet in the same red dirt...and roll down the same hill and walk the same path in the woods...and I look forward to taking my youngest...

It is so important to know where you came from and keep your family legacies going...this is my foundation that helped to shape me into being a faithful, discipline, family oriented being today...and I am truly grateful....


Love and Light
TAS

1 comment: